If you’re back at work or school and struggling to get going again, don’t worry you’re not alone…
It’s normal to feel tired and low at this time of year. With the climax of Christmas and New Year celebrations over, many of us are now struggling to get back into our daily routines.
We may now have extra worries about debts, (or our diets!) a lack of energy, and the cold dark days can make everything feel like such an effort.
As we approach ‘Blue Monday’, we’ve prepared some top tips for beating those January blues. Just remember that Spring is just around the corner!
OUR top tips for banishing those January blues….
- Get active – it will seem like the hardest thing to do when it’s cold and dark but try to move your body and you will usually feel better for it!
- Go outside – make the most of daylight hours to help give you a boost and improve your mood.
- Eat well – after the indulgences of Christmas and New year, try to eat less sugar, eat a balanced diet, and try to get more of your 5 a day.
- Be realistic with resolutions – we have all been there with setting New Year’s resolutions that we could not keep – be kind to yourself and set little goals that are more achievable.
- Learn a new skill – why not make your new year’s resolution to try something new? A new hobby or class could be fun and may help you gain a new skill and/or socialize with others.
Need urgent help?
Important helplines, UK
Remember to use the 5 ways to well-being! ⇓