Explore and appreciate the natural world through an Ecotherapy residential and discover the many health & wellbeing benefits.
Date and time:
Thu, 15 Sep 2022, 12:00 – Fri, 16 Sep 2022, 15:00 BST
Common Ground N.I., Brookeborough, Co. Fermanagh, BT75 0NH
About this event
This inspiring 2 day residential is for professionals working with children & young people who wish to be introduced to the field of Ecopsychology and to experience ecotherapy practices that can be applied in your personal and professional lives.
The workshop will take place on a farm in East Fermanagh which is the home for Common Ground N.I.
Accommodation will be outdoor and barn camping. ***Participants must bring their own camping gear – tent, sleeping mat, pillow, sleeping bag, etc***
The program will be primarily experiential, immersive in the land, and will introduce professionals to:
- What Ecopsychology is, a brief history of its development in USA AND UK over 50 years
- How to enter into a renewed and reciprocal relationship with nature to build resilience and self care
- How to incorporate ecotherapy into your work with children and young people
By the end of the program participants will have:
- An overview knowledge of the field of ecopsychology
- Deepened their relationship with nature and self in nature
- Gained some basic skills is outdoor mindfulness
- Experienced ways of bridging the inner world or psyche with nature
- Experienced eco-therapeutic walking
- Used eco-art practice to explore issues that can be shared in a safe space
- Gained insight into how growing plants (vegetable, flowers and trees) can be an effective form of therapy
- Explored the relevance of this work in a rapidly changing world, including issues of trauma and grief
- This is an introductory workshop and not a full training, however, a certificate of attendance for CPD purposes will be available.
Through the OUR Generation Project this residential is fully funded and available to key contacts working within the 5 Urban Village Areas in Northern Ireland and the CHO 1 Area in the Republic of Ireland.
To secure your place, please book early by signing up through Eventbrite. Once you have registered we will be back in touch with further information.